Thursday, November 18, 2010

Keep the Pink!

 

When asked how my love for sports first came about, I was bit taken aback. How did I, the "my lip gloss is poppin", 5 inch heel wearing, purse toting, "oh shoot! I broke a nail", ultimate girly girl wind up working for ESPN?
It’s simple.
Sports is universal and my love for it isn't limited to the game itself. See that's the thing about sports, it’s an experience. That's why people go to the games, for the experience. The loud fans, the smell of fresh popcorn, and the rumble you feel in the arena when your team scores or makes a pass for the 40 yard line! It’s all apart of the sports experience!
This is an experience I was introduced to at a young age. My father, an avid tennis player and coach for the past 25 years initiated my love for sports early on. I remember watching tennis with him, not because I was fascinated with love-40, 15-all, or the speed of serves, volleys, or lobs, but because I loved watching the outfits Venus and Serena Williams wore on the court!! The colors of their beads and flamboyant, bold designs were fascinating to me! The entertainment factor has always been what’s drawn me to sports.
Take golf for example, I wasn't remotely interested in golf until Tiger Woods came along. I remember it so vividly; I was in elementary school when Tiger first emerged on the professional circuit. Eldrick Tiger Woods, what a name! From the red he wore for good luck, to the yellow tiger he used to cover his clubs, whatever he did, I was right there to see!
So ladies, you see it doesn't matter if you're not watching sports for the game, the point is, you're WATCHING! So do it in style, and don't be afraid to keep the pink! Whether you like pink nails, heels, or bags! Remember, you don't have to be a man or dress like one, to enjoy the things they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment